“The purpose of Community Bible Church is to worship and glorify God in obedience to His Word, the Bible, by sharing Christ with all who will listen, and by training believers for the work of the ministry.”
Our Passion is to…
Celebrate … Cultivate … Communicate …
Life in Christ
We Celebrate… Life in Christ (UP-Reach to God)
We envision… our church family gathered together in worship, entering into the presence of
the Lord, joyfully offering songs of praise to Him.
– “Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God.” (Heb. 13:15)
We envision… His people praying, growing in faith, totally dependent upon Him to accomplish His will. We see believers communing intimately with the Lord of the Universe.
– “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things which you do not know.” (Jer. 33:3)
– “Now this I say, he who sows sparingly shall also reap sparingly; and he who sows bountifully shall also reap bountifully. Let each one do just as he has purposed in his heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Cor. 9:6-7)
– “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.” (2 Cor. 9:8)
– “that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.” (Col. 1:10)
We envision… God’s people enjoying the warmth and sweetness of Christian fellowship, ministering to one another’s needs, and growing together through an atmosphere of love, support, care, compassion, and mutual encouragement.
– “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you.” (John 13:34)
– “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor.” (Rom. 12:10)
– “But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15)
We Cultivate… Life in Christ (IN-Reach to the body)
We envision… God’s people growing into multiplying disciples as they open the Word in small group Bible studies, in discipleship programs, and through one-on-one mentoring and accountability relationships. We see believers being equipped for ministry, committed to serve Christ and His church, and prepared to take the Gospel to the world.
– “For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bondservants.” (2 Cor. 4:5)
– “But to each one of us grace was given…for the equipping of the saints for the work of service.” (Eph. 4:7,12)
We envision… a ministry to people of all ages. We see a comprehensive ministry to children that helps them come to Christ, grow in their faith, and become godly men and women who will impact their generation. We see Christian homes that are built on the values and principles of Scripture, where marriages are strong, where children thrive, and where Jesus is Lord.
– Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for “ God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” (1 Peter 1:5)
– Do not rebuke an older man, but exhort him as a father, younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, with all purity. (1Timothy 5:1)
We envision… the Word of God being used by the Holy Spirit to transform lives, through preaching, teaching, small groups and personal study.
– “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness.” (2 Tim. 3:16)
We Communicate… Life in Christ (OUT-Reach to the World)
We envision… trained believers who leave Sunday worship excited about seeing God use them to share Christ with someone, and eager to bring their unsaved friends to church.
– “The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, these entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” (2 Timothy 2:2)
We envision… taking the Good News to people in our community, including a ministry to internationals at nearby campuses and throughout our area, introducing them to Jesus, involving them in the church, and equipping them to be His ambassadors.
– “Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” (Matt. 5:16)
We envision… sending out missionaries all around the world, shining the light of the Gospel and declaring His glory among the nations.
– “For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation, to everyone who believes.” (Romans 1:16)
But ultimately, we envision a church standing before the throne of God in Heaven one day, and hearing Him say, “Well done.” That is our dream. That is our hope. That is our prayer.